X-ray services at the Student Health Center (SHC) are provided by a California Licensed Radiologic Technologist, using state of the art digital equipment. There is no charge for x-rays ordered by SHC providers. Orders from outside providers are not accepted.
SHC X-ray Services:
- Plain X-ray studies including:
- Soft Tissues
- X-ray images are reviewed by the SHC medical staff member caring for the patient, to facilitate initial diagnosis and treatment.
- Formal interpretation of the X-ray is then completed by a contracted group of Board Certified radiologists (SHC is able to send digital images to the contracted radiology group the same day and for immediate interpretation in urgent situations).
Off-Campus X-ray Services:
- When the SHC X-ray department is closed, students needing X-rays are referred off campus.
- Students are also referred off campus when special imaging studies such as ultrasound, CT or MRI studies are indicated.
- Students are financially responsible for all medical services from off campus providers.