Immunization Requirements and Registration Holds for Non-Compliance
In accordance with California law and California State University policy, entering students are required to provide SSU with copies of official records showing full immunization (or blood test proof of immunity) to the diseases listed below. All incoming new students are required to submit immunization documentation to Med+Proctor. This must be completed at least 6 weeks prior to the start of each student’s first semester of classes at Sonoma State University. Students who do not meet this deadline are subject to conditional enrollment and other late compliance penalties. Holds are placed on the records of students who have not provided SSU with the required documentation through Med+Proctor within the required timeframe. These registration holds prohibit students from registering for future classes until the required documents have been received and processed.
- Measles/Mumps/Rubella (MMR): proof of immunization is required of all students born after 12/31/56. Immunization records must show that the student received two doses of MMR vaccine after 12 months of age and spaced at least one month apart. Students may also meet this requirement by submitting copies of blood test results showing that the student is immune to Rubeola (Measles), Mumps and Rubella.
- Hepatitis B vaccine: proof of immunization is required of all students who are or were under age 19 at the start of their first semester of classes at SSU. Immunization records must show that the student received three appropriately spaced doses of Hepatitis B vaccine or copies of a blood test showing immunity to Hepatitis B. These requirements persist until fully satisfied, regardless of the student’s subsequent age.
Students in need of immunizations or blood tests to demonstrate immunity should contact an off campus health care provider. Incoming SSU students who have paid their enrollment deposit are eligible to utilize the SSU Student Health Center for these services prior to the beginning of their first semester of classes. There are charges for these services at the SHC.
In addition to the required immunizations, the following immunizations are strongly recommended for college students by the US Centers for Disease Control (CDC):
- Chicken pox (Varicella) vaccine – two doses
- Tetanus/Whooping Cough (Pertussis) Booster (Tdap) – one dose in the past 10 years
- Meningococcal Vaccine (Serogroups A, C, Y & W-135) – one dose after age 16 for students under 23 years of age
- Hepatitis A vaccine – two doses
The California State University system is in the process of revising immunization requirements. Many of the CDC recommended immunizations will be added to the list of required immunizations for CSU enrollment beginning Fall of 2020.
Click the Med+Proctor logo below and register in order to complete and submit your vaccination history:
Must be completed by ALL incoming students
Please allow 7-10 business days for the form to be processed and student holds to be released.