SSU Student Health Center regular academic year services end 5/21/21, summer services begin 5/24/21.
Summer hours are Monday - Thursday 8am-4:30pm and Friday 9:30am-4:30pm, excluding campus holidays and closures.
*Due to limited staffing during the month of July, the SHC will be open for administrative purposes only, no patient appointments will be available.
Eligibility for Summer Services is limited to:
- Continuing SSU students who were regularly enrolled during the Spring 2021 semester and are enrolled for the Fall 2021 semester.
- Newly entering SSU students who have paid their Enrollment Reservation Deposit may receive:
- Immunizations and/or titers (blood tests) that are required to attend SSU- see Immunization Requirements.
- Those under age 18 must have a Consent for Treatment of Minors Form signed by their parent or legal guardian on file with the Student Health Center to receive treatment.
During the academic year, availabililty of the Student Health Center is funded by the mandatory Student Health Fee which is paid each semester along with other SSU fees. Since this fee isn't charged during the summer, nominal user fees are charged for all summer services. User fees will be charged to a student's Seawolf account.
Description of Summer Services and Staffing:
- Physician or Nurse Practitioner appointments are available EXCEPT during the month of July. Call (707) 664-2921 to schedule.
- Pharmacy hours are limited over the summer. When the pharmacy is closed, some medications can be dispensed by an SHC MD or NP in conjunction with a student’s current SHC medical evaluation and treatment visit. Prescriptions may also be filled at off-campus pharmacies. At this time, all pharmacy visits also require an appointment, please call (707) 664-2921.
- Lab and X-ray: limited internal services are available.
- Limitations: Summer services and staffing are more limited than is the case during the regular academic year. Be prepared to seek medical care off-campus if your medical needs are beyond the scope of summer hours, services, or staffing. The patient is financially responsible to the provider for services received off campus. Due to limited staffing during the month of July, the SHC will be open for administrative purposes only, no patient appointments will be available.
Regular academic year services resume Monday August 16th.